The Pendulum

You may also like...

8 Responses

1. Marcy says:

Biggest moral of the story: Listen to your hubby (rookie-wife mistake, LOL). This is all good information to know. A thought I had while reading this was yes, you complicate and over think a lot. Like me, this can be useful but also hold you back. What do I mean? I can’t speak for all women but for me…..I don’t know if I have a “style”, I am no fashionista, I never studied it or “picked out my style”. What I do know is most of what I have done in the wardrobe department is a product of necessity and I think it turned out just fine. For example: The sheer or warm scarves that are popular now, were born out of my tattoo being too visible in the neckline, pop on a scarf and its covered for the professional me. Having been size 6 up to a size 22, most of what I have bought was based on what was available in my size and fits, being large on top and one time to totally flat has changed the necklines I buy…not a fashionista choice, just experimental on what will fit and cover what I want covered. There are a lot of nice sheer over shirt tops that are long now, coming down past the “parts”. There are endless options, you don’t have to do it fast. What I did notice when I was not wearing my Foobs (fake boobs), people really didn’t notice. If they did they didn’t comment. I thought it would be a big deal, people just don’t pay that much attention. I think they probably pay less attention than you think they do. What impresses me about you is how thoughtful you are. Guess what? It is you and your life….you will not be graded, there is no right or wrong on this. Do want you want, when you want to and decline everything else, but above all…..listen to your hubby!

2. Marcy says:

3. Marcy says:

BTW, you pick the best videos. I was just listening to Closing Time recently. And I love the “Beware this video is VERY 80″s”, yes I survived the 80’s. WOW

4. Marcy says:

5. Susie Hayes says:

My daughter, although only 14, went through a similar thing when it came to clothing. At first she was really focused on “girl” clothes. But as time has passed, and she’s getting more comfortable in her journey and in her skin, she realized that her style really isn’t changing much. She’s a skinny jeans, t-shirt (although admittedly a bit more form fitting) and converse kind of girl. And this past weekend we were at the mall and she got “she’d” many times – no pink, no sparkles, no skirts, no boobs – just her being. People saw HER. It sounds like people are seeing Jo – even without the “girl” clothes!

6. Susie Hayes says: